Sunday, July 31, 2016

Merry & Bright Tag

July has come and is almost gone and I've managed to get my July Tim Tag done.  This month's tag features the Water Colour Resist and Layered Words Techniques. For July's tag I thought it would be fun to make it into a Christmas tag. Let's be honest, it's never too early to create something Christmasy.


To add some interest to the bottom of my tag, I added a strip of the silver deco sheets just underneath the "& Bright". Once strip was adhered, I added three mirrored stars to the bottom right hand corner.


For the top of the tag, I added a red bow. Once I made the bow the way I liked it, I used a piece of twine to tie the peace typed token to the middle of the bow.


Here's what my tag looks like finished with all the extra elements.


Supplies Used:

- Ranger Ink/Tim Holtz: Distress Micro Glaze, Distress Markers: Candied Apple, Black Soot, Pumice Stone, Gathered Twigs, Antique Linen, Distress Ink: Vintage Photo and Distress Spritzer
- Ranger Ink: Archival Ink - Jet Black and #8 Manilla Tags
- Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous: Christmas Blueprints #5
- Tim Holtz/Sizzix: Handwritten Holidays and Holiday Words: Block
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology: Deco Sheets, Mirrored Stars and Typed Tokens
- Prima Marketing: Waterbrush
- Misc: Ribbon, Twine and Watercolour paper

Challenges Entered:



I hope I have inspired you to start playing along with the 12 tags of 2016. 
-Katelyn






No comments:

Post a Comment