Sunday, September 4, 2016

Life Doesn't Have To Be Perfect To Be Wonderful Tag

August has come and gone and I didn't manage to get my August Tim Tag done on time, but I managed to get my August tag done today. This month's tag features the Brayered Stain and Frameworks Techniques. For August's tag, I switched it up a little bit from what Tim Holtz did. This tag is by far one of my favourites from this year.


For the floral silhouette in the middle of my tag, I used two of the flower dies out of the Wildflower set and cut them out of black Core'dinations. Once the wildflowers were cut out, I layered them on top of each other.


For the bottom of the tag, I took a sentiment off the small talk set and cut it apart. The other element I added, was part of a film strip rubon. To finish the film strip rubon, I added a small mirror star that I coloured using Mushroom Adirondack Alcohol Ink.


In the top right hand corner of the tag, I used the rest of the film strip rubon. Overtop of the film strip, I added a metal key and coloured it with Mushroom Adirondack ink.


To finish the tag, I added twine ribbon to the top of the tag. I added some speckles using my Distress Spritzer with Black Soot and Ground Espresso Distress Markers. 


Supplies Used:

- Ranger Ink/Tim Holtz: Distress Markers: Ground Espresso & Black Soot, Distress Ink: Vintage Photo& Walnut Stain, Distress Stain: Weathered Wood, Distress Paint: Hickory Smoke & Antique Linen, Adirondack Alcohol Ink: Mushroom, Distress Spritzer, Distress Sprayer and Multi Medium - Matte
- Ranger Ink: #8 Manilla Tags
- Tim Holtz/Sizzix: Thinlits - Wildflowers and Frameworks - Honeycomb
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology: Mirrored Stars, Remnant Rubs - Elements, Linen Ribbon, Small Talk, Grunge Paper, Textile Surfaces and Paper Stash - Dapper
- Emerald Creek Craft Supplies: Metal Keys
- Misc: Brayer and Sanding Tool

I hope I've inspired you to start playing along with the 12 tags of 2016. 

-Katelyn









No comments:

Post a Comment