With the craziness of Creativation now finished, I finally have time to do some blogging. So, today I'm sharing a project featuring a Hug's and Kisses Pillow box for Valentine's Day using Els van de Burgt Studio Pillow Box with Handle. To add more detail to my pillow box, I used some other Els van de Burgt Studio dies as well as some dies from Joset Designs. I have a tutorial below for you so that you can recreate this cute Pillow Box for Valentine's Day.
1. Die cut the Pillow Box with Handle from red double dot paper. With the pillow box cut out, place the 2 1/4" fitted heart in the middle of the pillow box and die cut it.
2. Using acetate, die cut the 2 1/4" Stitched Heart.
3. From the Arrows die, die cut the Arrow heart out of White Soft Finish Cardstock. Once cut, use a blending tool and blend Black Soot Distress Ink over the entire arrow.
4. From the Love Sentiments die, die cut the Hugs sentiment out of White Soft Finish Cardstock. Once cut, use a blending tool and blend Spun Sugar Distress Ink over the entire word.
5. From the Leafy Branch 4 die, die cut four branches out of White Soft Finish Cardstock. Once cut, use a blending tool and blend Peeled Paint Distress Ink over all the branches.
6. From the Fitted Hearts die, die cut the 1" heart out of red double dot paper.
7. From the Stitched Hearts die, die cut the 3 1/4" stitched heart out of pink double dot paper. Once the heart has been cut out, place the next smaller stitched heart in the middle and cut it out. This will create the the cut out middle to go around the acetate heart.
8. Adhere the acetate stitched heart to the heart cut out on the Pillow Box.
9. Adhere the sides of the pillow box together, making sure the flap with the notch is in the inside of the pillow box.
10. Next, adhere the pink stitched heart around to the front of the pillow box, making sure it sits on the edge of the acetate heart.
11. Now it's time to decorate the front of the pillow box. To start, adhere two of the leafy branches on the left hand side of the pink heart. Once the leafy branches on the left hand side have been adhered, adhere the other three branches to the right hand side of the pink heart. With the branches adhered, adhere the arrow to the middle of the acetate heart. To finish off the arrow, adhere the hugs sentiment overtop of the arrow.
12. To finish the front of the pillow box, add the 1" heart to the middle of the leafy branches. To finish the pillow box, first add some hugs & kisses into the pillow box. The last step to finishing your pillow box is adhering the top of the box together and then adding a white bow to the right hand side of the handle.
Here are a few close up photos of the pillow box finished.
Thanks for stopping by and checking out my Hugs & Kisses Pillow Box. I hope that I've inspired you to re-create my Hugs & Kisses Pillow Box at home.
Elizabeth Craft Designs Products Used:
Other Products Used:
- Tim Holtz for Ranger Ink: Spun Sugar Distress Ink, Black Soot Distress Ink, Peeled Paint Distress Ink and Blending Tool/Replacement Foam.
- Ranger Ink: Shrink Plastic.
- Bo Bunny: Tutu Double Dot, Wildberry Double Dot and Passion Fruit Vintage Dot.
- Tombow: Aqua Mono Liquid Glue.