Spring has finally arrived here on the Island and to celebrate it's arrival, I thought I'd share with you one of the cards that I created for Creative Scrapbooker Magazine's Spring Issue. I combined Nuance powder from Magenta, Distress Ink from Tim Holtz for Ranger Ink and a variety of dies from Elizabeth Craft Designs to create my Hello card.
For the background of the card, I combined Rosebud, Coral and Aquamarine Magenta Nuance Powder onto a piece of White Soft Finish cardstock. To get the flower background image, I die cut the Abstract Background out of White Soft Finish Cardstock. Once the background dried, I adhered the Abstract Background overtop and added Trans. Glitter/Gold Dots to the centers of the flowers.
The banner that the hello word sits on, was created using the Stitched Fishtail Banners and Magenta Nuance Powder in Coral. Once the banner had dried, I cut a second larger banner out of black cardstock and adhered the two banners together. The Hello word was stamped and then die cut out using the Sentiments 2 - Just Because Die.
For the right side of the banner, I die cut two feathers. One feather was left white and edged with Black Soot Distress Ink. The other feather was coloured using Grey Magenta Nuance Powder. When using the Grey powder, a little goes a long way. The Leafy Branch 2 was die cut out twice and then Shabby Shutters Distress Ink was blended over the entire surface of the leaves. The little flower was die cut out twice from the Happy Flowers die and then Worn Lipstick as well as Abandoned Coral Distress Ink was blended overtop of the flowers. To finish the center of the flower, add a Trans. glitter/gold dot.
Here's the finished Hello card one more time.
To see this card as well as a second spring card, you'll want to check out the Must List in Creative Scrapbooker's Magazine - Spring Issue.
- Elizabeth Craft Designs: Stitched Fishtail Banners, Feathers, Sentiments 2 - Just Because Die, Sentiments 2 - Just Because Clear Stamp Set, Abstract Background, Leafy Branch 2, Happy Flowers, White Soft Finish Cardstock, Trans. Glitter/Gold Dots and Black Soft Finish Cardstock
- Magenta: Nuance Powder - Rosebud, Coral, Aquamarine and Grey
- Ranger Ink: Jet Black Archival Ink
- Tim Holtz for Ranger Ink: Distress Ink - Shabby Shutters, Worn Lipstick, Abandoned Coral and Black Soot
- Tombow: Mono Multi Liquid Glue
- Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L: 3D Foam Squares
Thanks for stopping by and checking out my project!