Thursday, October 13, 2016

Safari Adventure Layout

Over the long weekend, I took the time to just play. Playing for me doesn't happen very often, but I needed to get my creative juices flowing again. On this rare case of playing, I wanted to test out my new set of Stitched Oval dies from Elizabeth Craft Designs as well as do something with Graphic 45's "Safari Adventure" paper. So a few hours later, I managed to create a fabulous layout blending the stitched oval dies, Graphic 45's "Safari Adventure" and of course some fussy cutting. Read below as I share with you my layout.


The starting point on my layout was figuring out how many ovals I wanted to use and then deciding on the prints of paper from the 12x12 Patterns and Solids that match Safari Adventure. For cutting the ovals, I used the largest oval for the centre oval and then for the picture and the other two ovals I used the second largest oval die. The fabulous thing about these dies, is they nest fantastic together as well as the ovals switch from a stitched effect to a dot effect around the outside.


You'll notice that I added a lot of fussy cut images to my layout. All of the images were cut out of Safari Adventure and Amazing Africa. 


Here's a close up of the smaller stitched oval in the bottom right hand corner, which matches the oval in the top right hand corner,  along with some more fussy cut images to add extra interest in the bottom corner. When I create my layouts, I tend to add lots of elements on top of one another to give extra dimension. 


Supplies Used:

- Elizabeth Craft Dies: Stitched Ovals
- Graphic 45: Safari Adventure - Amazing Africa, Natural Habitat & Safari Adventure, 12x12 Patterns & Solids - Safari Adventure
- Tim Holtz for Ranger Ink: Black Soot Distress Ink

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look at my layout. I hope that I've inspired you to start using your dies on your scrapbook layouts.

-Katelyn  




No comments:

Post a Comment