I'm a couple days late in getting May tag's done, but I made sure that it got done. This year for Tim's 12 tags, it's all about remixing past techniques and combining them together with other techniques that he has shared over the past years. This month's tag features the Tissue Tape Resist and Tattered Florals Techniques. For my tag, I played with a variety of older products from the Tim Holtz Ideaology line to create my tag. It was fun to bring older product out to use as many times the old product gets lost underneath the new product.
For the tittle on my tag, I used one of the word bands and added metallic ribbon to it. For the tiny tattered florals, I used my blending tool and applied a layer of Abandoned Coral Distress Ink to them. For the leaves, I used my blending tool and applied a layer of Peeled Paint Distress Ink. I didn't want to use all three tattered florals in the corner, so I added a heirloom rose into the mix. Before adhering the flowers and leaves down, I added a strip of film ribbon to the bottom right hand side.
The first finishing touch for the top of my tag was adding an arrow adornment and wrapping some paper string around the bottom of it. The second finishing touch was adding the crinkle ribbon which was dyed using Scattered Straw Distress Stain.
- Tim Holtz/Sizzix: Tiny Tattered Florals
- Ranger Ink: Texture Paste, Black Archival Ink & #5 Manilla Tags
- Ranger Ink/Dina Wakley: Palette Knife
- Ranger Ink/Tim Holtz: Peeled Paint & Abandoned Coral Distress Ink, Tattered Rose, Scattered Straw & Brushed Pewter Distress Stain, Cracked Pistachio Distress Spray Stain, Splatter Brush
- Tim Holtz Ideaology: Film Strip Ribbon, Trimmings - Metallics, Adornments - Arrows, Heirloom Roses, Paper String - Solids, Tissue Tape - Symphony
- Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous: Typo Stencil, Perspective & Wildflowers Stamps